Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Trade Descriptions Act.

I recently made a complaint to Flintshire Trading Standards regarding the Gateway to Wales Hotel changing its name to Days Inn Chester North and the Holiday Inn on the A55 at Northop Hall calling itself the Holiday Inn Chester West when both hotels are situated in Wales. The complaint I made to Trading Standards was that the hotel groups were breaching the Trades Descriptions Act and misleading customers as to the true location of the hotels and the actual distance from Chester as well as the fact that they are in two different countries. The good news is that Flintshire Trading Standards rang me today to tell me that they will be meeting with the management of both hotels next week to discuss the matter. The management have also requested my details so they can arrange a meeting! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Plaid Gwersyllt said...

Good support
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/8498287.stm
and Wales Today.

Anonymous said...

Well done Arfon for standing up for our basic human rights, your efforts are to be applauded, from the Webamster of Not Cheshire

Plaid Gwersyllt said...

thanks for your comments I will post here when Flintshire Trading Standards get back to me.