Monday, 12 March 2012

I don't believe it !

I must say I'm struggling for a title for this blog, strong words like incompetent had crossed my mind but then I thought Richard Wilson's famous phrase sums up my exasperation and frustration succinctly.

Why am I exasperated and frustrated? Well it all boils down to the following advert that was forwarded to me by what sounds like an irate taxpayer from either Flintshire or Wrecsam:

Do you want to make it easier to do business in the Flintshire and Wrexham area? Do you find it difficult to understand what you have to do to comply with regulation? Do you want to change how you are regulated?

BUSINESS AND REGULATORS FORUM

Thursday 22nd March

8.00am for 8.30am - 10.30am (refreshments provided)

At the Holiday Inn Chester South

(Formerly the Post House Hotel Chester)


Then you should attend

I wish someone could tell me why Wrecsam and Flintshire would want to host business training in Chester? Don't tell me, its because Flintshire don't want it in Wrecsam and Wrecsam don't want it in Flintshire, so to keep everyone happy we'll host it in Chester.

What were they thinking of?

7 comments:

Plaid Gwersyllt said...

Response from Andy Lewis, Head of Housing and Public Protection:

I refer to your recent enquiry regarding the Business and Regulators Forum planned for Thursday 22 March 2012 at the Holiday Inn Chester South, which the Chief Executive has asked me to respond to.



The venue was chosen for ease of access for all businesses across Flintshire and Wrexham and for regional trade organisations and associations. This event is being funded by the Local Better Regulation Office (LBRO) and the choice of venue in no way reflects a lack of faith in the hotel trade in either county, rather it was an attempt to maximise attendance to this joint event.



We carefully consider the venues for our events and the vast majority are held within Wrexham or Flintshire. However, on this occasion it was felt that the location of this venue would attract more business representatives.

Plaid Gwersyllt said...

Council have now cancelled the event and will rearrange at a venue in Wrecsam or Flintshire. A victory for common sense.

samsung said...

This matter was raised first with Plaid and Council by Jane Jordon- interseting that Arfon is aware that the event is cancelled.the businesses that had recieved the initial invite have not been told it is cancelled.

Plaid Gwersyllt said...

I was told by Phil Robinson at the Leader and not by the Council. I checked up to be told that it had been cancelled due to lack of interest by businesses, apparently only 6 businesses expressed an interest.

Plaid Gwersyllt said...

http://www.wrexham.com/council/wrexham-business-meeting-cancelled-row-location-5465.html

Anonymous said...

So were plaid willing to take credit for stopping this even though the event had already been cancelled?

Plaid Gwersyllt said...

I was told the reason for the cancellation by journalists and not by the Council. This isn't a question of taking a credit for anything; I received an email from presumably a business person to take up an issue which I did...this is what Councillors are supposed to do isn't it?