Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Labours politics of intimidation

The police have been informed tonight of an incident involving Labour county councillor Malcolm King and a group of other men, who are alleged to have harassed another Councillor in Caia Park the eve before the local council elections.

Independent councillor for the Smithfield ward in Wrecsam, Keith Gregory (pictured left) said: “Tonight at 5.30pm my four year old daughter started panicking as there were four men standing in our garden, laughing and shouting, they then started rattling our front door. I looked through the window and recognised one of the four men as Cllr Malcolm King the Labour Member for Wynnstay, Wrexham who is also the Manager of the children's centre The Venture. There were also two members of staff and a teenager whom I've now been told is a 15 year who also attends The Venture.”

“ I was stunned to see the young lad was taking photographs of the other three in my garden. I went out to ask them what they were doing, to which he and the others laughed and walked off up the road. Following this, another Labour community councillor Brian Halley then appeared at my property and said ‘its only Malcolm and the lads having a laugh’. I later found out they were delivering leaflets for a fellow Labour candidate Pat Williams in my ward, I also subsequently found a leaflet they had tried to stuff under my door.”

“It was a very unsettling experience for me as I wasn’t sure what was going on. We have had threats before and the police have installed cameras at my property because of those. At the same time, the last thing I need is the stress of being intimated like this after spending last 6 months in and out of hospital. It was also a very upsetting experience for my partner, daughters and grand-daughter who were at home with me at the time. I have now informed the police of the incident and they have said it is serious. They are due to interview me tomorrow.”

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make up some storys you do keith

Paul Williams said...

If this is true (and having had the pleasure of meeting Keith Gregory last week I have no reason to doubt it) then shame on the people involved.

Anonymous said...

Its Not true he was just trying to get votes that's all he needs to grown up and start doin his job not letting plaid run his life he's supposed to be independant so why is all this on plaid web page says it all he's corrupt and all will be your no your own now keith no plaid to gang up with see you for now

Plaid Gwersyllt said...

So Labour now wants to dictate who Councillors can now associate with this is typical of Labour's controlling nature they want to divide and rule and put the interests of their party before the public interest.

Anonymous said...

Still not learning the lesson!! By that I mean that you snipe straight away at the Labour. You do not consider the fact that people are looking at the blog following a huge loss that you have suffered in the WCBC elections. At the moment I think the clear message is that Plaid is NO alternative and I think the Plaid Blog is constantly in attack mode, which is very negative and obviously not helping you as I believe you are now one fish in rather a big pond.

Anonymous said...

I'm not with labour. I use to like keith in till he got with the plaid possy. he just use to follow them they were pulling the strings.let's see what he duz now when he hasn't got plaid by his side. and I think labour do do a good job in they areas and plaid well most of them do.

Paul Williams said...

I live in Smithfield and am delighted that Keith won again as he is a hard working councillor

Anonymous said...

Half a story Keith!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately Mr Gregory, the Labour Candidate did get approach by angry residents on the ward, at one point a gentleman was within inches of Mrs Williams waving his finger in her face, shouting abuse, telling Mrs Williams to leave the area, and telling Mrs Williams that she was negative, and opposed the wards projects in the Local Council Meetings, Mrs Williams colleague feared that this would escalate, and hastily left the area, so where did these certain residents get this INCORRECT information from, and if your allegations are true, to which I have no doubt they are because a person who has been given the people's trust should be whiter than whiter and not a story teller, there would be no doubt that the result of the Police enquiry would be in the local newspaper

Anonymous said...

Not the full story Keith

Paul Williams said...

Your comments may be true, I don't know for sure one way or the other... Would be great if you would put your name to this instead of hiding behind the 'Anonymous' tag

Anonymous said...

Paul, if that is actually your name. Whether someone decides to post as anonymous or not does not detract from the questions raised by the post. If Mr Gregory is in fact telling the truth and this is not a bogus claim then Mr King would deserve everything he gets. But... if this is a bogus claim then I hope that Mr Gregory and this blog will be villified and prosecuted. You stated in your last post that you do not know for sure, but you are quick to defend Mr Gregory. I am aware of Mr Gregory and his reputation so happy to wait for any Police findings. Will Plaid be as quick to retract the story once all the facts are out?? Don't think so, this is and will always be Plaid's way of attacking other political groups. Oh! Mr Gregory, try attending some meetings and representing your ward this term. If residents actually looked into what you do they would not have been so quick to re-elect you!

You can call me Bob if it makes you feel better Paul!