The following are reasons why the service should be retained in North Wales (These are things the Trust won't tell you in the Consultation events):
- North Wales have 10 Level 3 Neonatal cots whilst Arrowe Park only have 6.
- Nursing care for Neonatal Intensive care babies in N.Wales is 1 to 1, in Arrowe Park it is 1 to 2.
- Once N Wales have lost this service there will be no going back and Arrowe Park can charge what they like, cost WILL escalate.
- Arrowe Park Hospital does not meet the National Clinical Standards for Level 3 Neonata Intensive care.
- A Level 3 service is essential if we are to continue to be accredited to train Paediatricians.
- Distance to Arrowe Park from parts of North Wales and no availability of public transport.
- Availability of Ambulances and stabilisation cots in the ambulances.
- Doubt over the actual number of babies that will be going to Arrowe Park and whether they have capacity.
- Where will babies go if the 6 cots in Arrowe Park are full, nobody knows!